I’ve been living in the capital for over half a year now and have found many little things that has started to bug me and make me mutter under my breath.
These mostly occurring when I’m travelling in public transport:
- London commuters walking into me and then give me a stern look to say “why the f**k are you in my way woman?!” As if I deliberately walked in their line of path to stop them from getting to work… Ugh, they need to look at where they’re looking and also apologise to me!
- Massive crowds at the station at peak hours in office concentrated areas. I feel suffocated when I wait for the train.
- Delays on trains when I’m in a hurry. If it were a matter of life or death I’d be doomed.
- People not being friendly. No one in London says please and thank you. What we were taught in school seemed to have been left in the classroom… If someone (stranger) is friendly to me, mostly applies to guys, my housemate says it’s because they want to get into my panties… Scary.
- Bus drivers not stopping for you or closes the door on you because you were one step too late. Buses should also have signs notifying if they’re full, meaning it won’t be stopping at the bus stop.
- People late in catching the bus who start waving for the driver to wait up and open the door are all friendly and nice at first, but if the driver doesn’t and drives off they go foul instantly; cursing and making gestures as the bus drives off. Just wait for the next one dammit.
- Commuters who complain about waiting for 5 minutes for public transport. I’ve waiting for 1 hour for a train before. Try living in the countryside where public transport is scarce and learn to be patient!
- Londoners who spit in the street… Just eww.
- Travellers who stand in front of the train door but don’t press the button to open it. Instead someone else behind has to…
- Long queues when trying to top up my oyster card. Some people just don’t understand the machines for some reason and end up pressing buttons all day… They need a member of staff on duty to help customers.
Sorry for all the ranting but it’s becoming out of hand a little and I just need somewhere to express myself and let off some steam.
The city is so different to my lil village. I feel kinda lost and am not at ease… Booooo~ There are some nice perks but its not really beneficial to me personally. I think I’m too used to the friendly atmosphere, where everyone knows everyone and crime is to a minimum.
Over and out,